Our in-person conference ELC Annual returns 10/27-28!
Learn from 60+ of the best engineering leaders in the industry / Critical insights on leadership, career and technology / Plus tons of experiences optimized for deep conversations & meaningful connections - all to help you build your support network!
Don't miss out on being part of the biggest celebration of engineering leadership of the year!
- How to focus on what really matters... seek the "existential issues" & find where there's "Room AND Attention" - Will Larson (3:23)
- The Portfolio of Time Management - Jean-Denis Greze (8:50)
- How to get unstuck in your career - Wade Chambers (13:04)
- “Crashing” your way to a seat at the table - Melody Hildebrandt (15:51)
- The fundamentals of managing up - Jan Chong (17:12)
- Common tension points while scaling engineering and product organizations - Jeremy Henrickson (19:31)
- The story of Amazon Apollo, solving the right problem & pitching the right stakeholders - Melissa Binde (24:43)
- "Hero Developers don't scale" - Andrew Lau & Eli Daniel (30:09)
- How to increase your pool of potential candidates - Farhan Thawar (34:48)
- Why you should help engineers outgrow their positions & how to discuss career growth with your team members - Tara Ellis (39:45)
- How eng orgs (and careers) evolve through hyper-growth - Samir Naik (43:32)
- Move as fast as long as - Richard Wong (47:41)
- Lessons from leading large-scale, complex, strategic projects - Wendy Sheppard (49:38)
- How to operationalize your approach to leadership - Sri Viswanath (52:55)
- How to detect & identify the early signs of burnout in your engineering team - Erica Lockheimer, Sabry Tozin & Lori Allen (55:50)
- The root causes of workplace injustice & the roles we can play to prevent it - Kim Scott & Trier Bryan (59:29)
- Conflict optimizations vs. conflict resolution & why eng leaders need to embrace conflict - Jordan Adler (1:04:14)
- How to get over the fear of silence - Alexis Rask (1:07:22)
- Leading through uncertainty - David Silverman (1:13:50)
- "Rage-fixing" & Eddie's breakthrough moment confronting fear of failure at Gusto - Eddie Kim (1:20:05)
LINKS AND RESOURCES
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR PRODUCTION TEAM
Noah Olberding, Producer
Have strong movie opinions? Send Noah a message with your hot cinema takes!
Dan Overheim, Audio Engineer
Are you also an avid 3D printer? Check out Dan’s 3D printing work here: bnd3d.com
Ellie Coggins Angus, Copywriter
Love books? Check out Ellie’s bookstagram: @ellieturnsthepage