Vinay Hiremath (@vhmth) is Co-Founder & CTO at Loom - Check out Vinay’s video bio on Loom here
"I'd lost a sense of direction because I just took on so much work. Direction became something that was like a luxury for me to think about which is an incredibly dangerous place to be as an executive and it's really easy to fall into it especially when there's a fire hose of work that's coming at you all the time.
And then I had like morphed my life around work versus around my health and I realized like the thing that had led me to have so much mental clarity before was my health. And so I started taking health incredibly seriously again.”
- Vinay Hiremath
Our in-person conference ELC Annual returns 10/27-28!
Learn from 60+ of the best engineering leaders in the industry / Critical insights on leadership, career and technology / Plus tons of experiences optimized for deep conversations & meaningful connections - all to help you build your support network!
Don't miss out on being part of the biggest celebration of engineering leadership of the year!
- Vinay’s experience taking on three exec roles at Loom (3:51)
- Why creating a daily timetable is crucial for busy eng leaders (6:02)
- The intersection between mental health & living by your values (9:14)
- What Vinay’s personal values are & ways he identified them (10:35)
- Incorporating the value of freedom within your eng org (11:35)
- How your goals & competencies act as gatekeepers to your values (16:25)
- Tips for building out your schedule to expand your working capacity (19:02)
- The importance of understanding your systems (20:11)
- As you scale your eng functions, set up delegation systems (21:49)
- Why eng teams should utilize budgets & triple verification (25:48)
- How triple verification works in people systems (27:07)
- What the CEO role taught Vinay about leading engineering (31:40)
- How Loom tackles the stigma surrounding parental leave (33:40)
- Prioritize mental & physical health to live out your values (35:48)
- Journaling frameworks to contemplate values (40:28)
- Vinay’s process for building – and keeping – new habits (43:03)
- Recognize your emotions & act despite them (47:07)
- Rapid fire questions (48:28)